When you are preparing liver chips, always remember to spray the foil with Pam™ before adding the mixture to bake. Then you won't spend an hour peeling tin foil from the backside of the chips.
Today's foody is for dogs. It's real easy and always a crowd-pleaser. This preparation is also safe for cats.
1 pkg calf heart, cubed
1 pkg beef liver, about 1 lb.
splash of EVOO
1. Get out your food processor. Pre-heat over to 300ºF.
2. Dice the liver, add to the food processor. Liquify.
3. Add a splash of EVOO. Blend more.
4. Slowly add the chunks of calf heart and mix carefully. My food processor complains about this part, but generally complies before smoking.
5. Spoon the resulting mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet that has been GREASED. Failure to grease will result in sticky chips.
6. Bake for about an hour.
The result should be dried liver bits that can be broken up into chip-like, bite-sized bits. You can store for about a week in an air-tight container, longer in the fridge, or in the freezer 'till the next ice age.